create a record associated with a module related to the target module : SierraCRM

create a record associated with a module related to the target module

Sugar Workflow | Process Manager 4.5 Forums Process Manager Support Forum create a record associated with a module related to the target module

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  William Convis 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Deepika

Hi There,

I am trying to set up a process where we can create a record associated with a module related to the target module.

Use Case :

We have a module called Activity log (Marketo). I am trying to set a process :

When Trigger is : If Activity log detail is : “Detail Name”
    Action : Create a note record under related (Activity log) contact/lead.

I am not able to find a task where I can create a record associated with a module related to the target module.

Could you please suggest how we can achieve this. Sugar native workflows have this type of action.

Let me know if you have any query.

Thanks,
    Deepika

William Convis
    Keymaster

Hello Deepika,
    Process Manager has the ability to relate the newly created object to the related Contact Lead from Marketo if Marketo is using fields such as relate fields for their relationships.
    Does Market hold the related Contact Lead as two columns in the Marketo Record? Something like parent_type, parent_id?

Thanks,
    Bill Convis

Deepika

Hi William,

In Marketo activity log module, there is not relate field defined. However, there is one-many relationship defined between (lead/Contacts) and activity log.

When I go to that specific activity I can see related contact/lead with that specific activity. All I am trying to achieve is: Create a note under related lead/contact when a specific activity happens.

Another alternative to achieve this is :

Through Leads/Contacts Module : Trigger [Modify Record]
    Related Condition: If Activity log detail is : “Detail Name”
    Action : Create a note under trigger record.

I have set up a process for this but not sure why this process is not running.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
    Deepika

William Convis
    Keymaster

Process Manager does not have the ability to relate the newly created record to related lead or contact from the object that triggered the process. We have added this request to our feature list for a future release.
    You can accomplish this by writing a custom script that will set this relationship.
    Our recommendation would be to set a custom field on the Note called marketo_id_c.
    Then set this value to the Marketo ID.
    Then a new process on Note Create where marketo_id_c is not blank, call the custom script.
    The script would do this:
    – Instantiate a Marketo Bean
    – Instantiate a Note Bean
    Retrieve the Marketo Bean
    Retrieve the Note Bean
    Find the related Contact or Lead from Marketo
    Call sugar api set_relationship and relate the Note to the Contact.
    If you are unfamiliar with the Sugar API, we would be happy to create this script for you.
    You can purchase and hour of consulting time from our website and we could deliver this to you by Friday.
    Thanks,
    Bill Convis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Chat Software
Login
classic
Forgot password?
Registration

(*) Required fields

I agree with OptimaSales Terms & Privacy Policy